Men's 1996 Retro Nuptse Gilet
notify me when available
Please enter your email so we can alert you when the Men's 1996 Retro Nuptse Gilet in is back in stock. We promise not to spam you. You will only be notified once.
Air can easily pass through the fabric in this garment, helping to regulate body temperature.
Helps reduce landfill waste and the use of virgin materials.
Lofty down insulation maintains warmth in cold conditions.
This piece can be packed into its own pocket to save space.
Named after Everest's imposing neighbour, our original 90s Nuptse products were the first to use an innovative baffle construction that minimised down shifting, ensuring lasting warmth for the wearer. The 1996 Retro Nuptse Down Gilet is a modern reincarnation of the icon. We've kept most things the same: the same boxy silhouette; the same shiny ripstop fabric; the same exposed zip and diagonal hand pockets and, of course, the same oversized baffles. The only changes are improvements like switching to 700-fill of responsibly-sourced down and using a water-repellent finish. The hood stows in its collar and the whole gilet can be packed down and stowed in its right hand pocket. Plus, recycled materials make this gilet even better than ever before.
- Fabric - Collar, Yoke & Lining :
- 69 G/M², 100% Recycled Nylon Taffeta with Non-PFC Durable Water-Repellent (Non-PFC DWR) Finish
- Centreback :
- 66,04 cm
- Fabric - Body :
- 54 G/M², 100% Recycled Nylon Ripstop with Non-PFC Durable Water-Repellent (Non-PFC DWR) Finish
- Insulation :
- 700-Fill Goose Down; Certified to the Responsible Down Standard (RDS) by Control Union
- Avg Weight :
- 545 g
- Sizes :
- Has the oversized logos of the original ’96 vest
- Boxy silhouette
- Inspired by the iconic design lines of our 1996 Nuptse Gilet and featuring the same oversized baffles
- Original shiny ripstop fabric for durability
- Non-PFC DWR finish for added protection
- 700-fill goose down offers warmth yet remains extremely compressible
- Attached, stowable, three-piece hood packs into stand collar
- Exposed VISLON® centre front zip
- Secure-zip hand pockets
- Gilet stows in right hand pocket
- Shock cord at hem for adjustability
- Logo on left chest and back-right shoulder
- Oversized baffles
- RDS-CERTIFIED DOWN
- The Responsible Down Standard (RDS) ensures our goose down is ethically sourced, responsibly produced and traceable. Natural down delivers the highest warmth to weight ratio of any insulation.
Wash with special care
Down products are delicate and need special care to maintain maximum effectiveness. Using ONLY a front-loading machine, wash in warm water with a liquid detergent specific to down (without bleach) on a gentle cycle and low spin. You may wish to repeat the rinse cycle to be sure all soap residue is removed. An extra spin cycle will help remove excess water. Do not lift the product from the washer; scoop it from the bottom.
Check before washing
Please check the tag inside the item carefully before washing.
FIND IN A STORE
Please enter your "City, State" or "Postal code" to find stores
STORES - Available as of 18 August 2022 06:14:30 EDT