VIPEAK WIN TOMORROWLAND WINTER – THE NORTH FACE CONTEST
Sponsored and promoted by: The North Face, a division of VF International Sagl.
- Contest Name, classification and Period. VIPeak Win Tomorrowland Winter – The North Face Contest (“Contest”) is a prize contest. The Contest begins [February 18th, 2020].
2. Eligibility and Territory. Open only to legal UK residents who are 18 or older and are registered to VIPeak Rewards Program.
Employees, officers, directors of The North Face, its parent company, affiliates, divisions, subsidiaries and agencies, prize suppliers, any entities involved with the development, production or implementation of the VIPeak Rewards Program are not eligible to enter or win the prize. Contest is offered only in the UK.
For participating in the Contest, you must agree to abide by and be bound by these Official Rules, by ticking the appropriate box(es) during registration, and by The North Face’s decisions.
- Entry. Go to the VIPeak area of the THE NORTH FACE website (www.thenorthface.co.uk/vipeak) and log into your VIPeak Rewards Program account.
† Then, upload a video that conveys how you live the connection between music and snowsports.
Contest submission should NOT include any person(s) OTHER THAN yourself unless you have permission to do so from the other person(s). Then, check the box to indicate that you have read and agree to these Official Rules, which will also confirm that you are the sole owner of any and all rights in the response (and photo/video, if any). All entries must be received by 29/02/2020.
† To enter this Contest, no purchase of any The North Face branded product is required, and the Contest is free except for the external costs related to the internet connection, wireless internet access and/or other connection fees for the registration to the Contest and for the submission of the photo/video, essential for the participation to the Contest.
Entrants may be required to complete, sign and return a Liability Release and a Publicity Release (where lawful), and perhaps other documents (e.g., confirmation of grant of rights in photo/video and title) within an indicated time period.
- Entry Restrictions. Limit of one (1) entry per person. Violation of entry limit will result in disqualification of all entries, possible termination of account in the VIPeak Rewards Program, prohibition on participation in future THE NORTH FACE sweepstakes/contests/offers and perhaps The North Face’s pursuit of legal sanctions. Receipt of entries will be acknowledged but such acknowledgement The North Face’s preliminary, non-binding determination that the entry is eligible for the Contest (subject to later verification by The North Face, with The North Face having no liability if, based on such later verification, The North Face concludes that the entry is in fact ineligible) but is NOT notification of selection as a potential prize winner in the Contest. Entries generated by script, macro, robotic, programmed or like means are prohibited and will be disqualified. In the event of a dispute over the identity of an entrant, entry will be deemed submitted by the Authorized Account Holder of the e-mail account provided at time of establishment of VIPeak Rewards Program account, as of date of entry. Authorized Account Holder means the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider, or other organization that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the provided e-mail address.
- Restrictions on Content of Photo/Video and Title. Photo/Video and title will be declared void and will not result in Contest entry if The North Face determines, in its sole discretion, that the photo/video and/or title:
(I) violate or infringe upon the rights of any party** (including copyright, trademark, right of privacy, right of publicity);
(II) are inappropriate, obscene, hateful or otherwise unfit for publication;
(III) advocate the use of alcohol or drugs, acts of violence or illegal behavior;
(IV) are not truthful in all material respects or involve use of the THE NORTH FACE product in a manner which is in conflict with the usage instructions governing same;
(V) are not relevant to the Contest theme;
(VI) disparage or damage the goodwill and/or business reputation of The North Face or its THE NORTH FACE brand.
**Entrants ARE allowed to use The North Face’s THE NORTH FACE trademark solely for purposes of participating in the Contest in accordance with these Official Rules, subject to the condition that the THE NORTH FACE trademark is always used in the proper manner with all attendant trademark notices. Such limited grant of rights in the THE NORTH FACE trademark will terminate automatically at the end of the Contest Period, unless permission is expressly granted in writing by an authorized representative of The North Face. AT ALL TIMES, AS BETWEEN ENTRANT AND THE NORTH FACE, THE NORTH FACE RETAINS ANY AND ALL OWNERSHIP RIGHTS IN THE THE NORTH FACE TRADEMARK; AND, NOTHING HEREIN CONSTITUTES ANY TRANSFER OF THE NORTH FACE’S OWNERSHIP RIGHTS IN THE THE NORTH FACE TRADEMARK.
- Grant of Rights in Story and Photo/Video. An entrant grants to The North Face a right to use, perform, exhibit, reproduce and/or otherwise publish his/her photo/video and title and his/her name, likeness and image, and the name, likeness and image of any other person(s) shown in the photo/video in any manner and in any and all distribution channels, venues or media now known or devised, without further notice or any compensation to such individual. The right granted to The North Face is non-exclusive, applies worldwide and can only be revoked by an Entrant on reasonable notice to The North Face. The North Face may transfer the right to a third party. Such individual(s) further (a) waives, to the extent permitted by applicable laws, any moral rights of authors or similar natural rights of ownership he/she may have in the story and photo/video (including any caption to same), and (b) agrees, upon The North Face’s request and without compensation of any kind, to execute any additional documents so as to effect, record or perfect the grant of rights contemplated by this paragraph.
- Possible Re-posting of Photo/video and/or Title. Should The North Face elect to re-post a given entrant’s photo/video and/or title, such re-posting represents solely The North Face’s preliminary, non-binding determination that the entry is eligible for the Contest but not any notification of selection as a prize potential winner in the Contest (as per Rule 4 above). SHOULD THE NORTH FACE RE-POST A GIVEN ENTRANT’S RESPONSE AND/OR PHOTO/VIDEO SUCH RESPONSE AND/OR PHOTO/VIDEO REPRESENTS SOLELY THE VIEWS/OPINIONS OF THE APPLICABLE ENTRANT AND DOES NOT REFLECT THE VIEWS/OPINIONS OF THE NORTH FACE IN ANY MANNER. THE NORTH FACE IS MERELY REQUESTING PERSONS TO PROVIDE A RESPONSE AND PERHAPS AN ACCOMPANYING PHOTO/VIDEO ADDRESSING THE CONTEST QUESTION AND DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL LIABILITY IN CONJUNCTION WITH SAME, INCLUDING LIABILITY FOR MONITORING, MODERATING OR REVIEWING THE CONTENT OF RE-POSTED RESPONSES/PHOTOS/VIDEOS. THE NORTH FACE WILL NOT EDIT OR MODIFY RESPONSES/PHOTOS/VIDEOS SUBMITTED AS ENTRIES IN CONJUNCTION WITH OFFERING THE CONTEST.
- Judging/Winner Notification. Every month, all eligible entries (photos/videos and titles) will be reviewed by a judging panel comprised of The North Face representatives based on the following equally weighted criteria:
· entry conveys an authentic and personal story.
· entry contains a photo/video of a VIPeak living his/her connection between music and snowsports.
The judging panel shall take into account the ages of the entrants in evaluating entries pursuant to the judging criteria. The top scoring entry will be the prize winner in the Contest.
In the event of a tie, an additional judge will review the tied entries as per the above-indicated criteria so as to determine the prize winner.
Winner will be notified by e-mail. In case the winner expressly declines the prize, the prize will be assigned to the second top scoring entry and so on.
In the event of noncompliance with this requirement (if applicable), if potential winner cannot be reached for any reason despite commercially reasonable efforts made by The North Face (including failure to receive or respond to winner notification e-mail for any reason, including the winner notification e-mail being classified as “junk” or “SPAM”) or if potential winner is determined to be ineligible or otherwise in violation of these Official Rules, he/she shall be disqualified and forfeit the prize without compensation of any kind. In case of prize forfeiture, an alternate winner will be selected from among all remaining eligible entries received as set forth above.
Prizes, jackpot and delivery of the Prizes.
Prize (5) – Prize consists of two Tomorrowland Winter festival tickets (tickets include skipass), 4 nights hotel double room (March 17th, 2020– March 21st, 2020), flight and shuttle bus transportation from the closest airport to where the winner leaves.
Total overall value of all Prizes is approximately of £1.660
Prize will be delivered to winner’s mailing address associated with his/her VIPeak account within 180 days from the winner notification.
TO BE ELIGIBLE TO WIN A PRIZE, YOU MUST BE A CURRENT, VALID MEMBER OF THE VIPEAK REWARDS PROGRAM AT THE TIME OF WINNER NOTIFICATION/PRIZE AWARD AND BE A RESIDENT OF THE UK.
No prize substitution. Prize is not redeemable or exchangeable for cash; Customs prize has no cash value. No prize transfer. Any taxes on value of prize are the winner’s sole responsibility. All unspecified expenses incurred in conjunction with prize acceptance and use are also the winner’s sole responsibility.
Limit one (1) prize per family/household/address. Only one (1) prize may be won by any persons in a given family, household or address for any VIPeak Rewards Program Sweepstakes or Contest within a six (6) month period.
Prizes can neither be assigned to third parties, nor converted into money or golden tokens.
- Releases. Where legal, by accepting prize, winner agrees (and will confirm in writing upon request) to use by The North Face and its designees of his/her name, likeness, photo, video, voice, biographical information, image and other indicia of persona and the same of any other person(s) shown in the photo/video submitted for advertising/publicity/trade purposes without further compensation or notice. By participating, entrant accept these Official Rules and represents and warrants that any Story/Photo/Video submitted to The North Face does not infringe any third-party proprietary rights on the content of such Story/Photo/Video.
- Promotion of the Contest. The Contest will be promoted on the website http://www.thenorthface.co.uk and by means of various promotional materials, such as publications on newspapers and banners on websites.
The integral Official Rules of the Contest will be available at the Promoter's registered offices for the whole duration of the Contest and on the website http://www.thenorthface.co.uk
- Miscellanea. The North Face assumes no responsibility for (a) any incomplete, incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by tampering, hacking or by any of the equipment or programming associated with offering the Contest or by any technical or human error; (b) any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, entries; (c) any problems or technical malfunctions of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, programming or failure of e-mail on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site or any combination thereof; (d) late, lost, illegible/garbled, incomplete, damaged, inaccessible, stolen, corrupted or jumbled e-mail transmissions/entries, regardless of cause (all of which are void), except where it is caused by either (i) negligence, or (ii) the fraud; of The North Face, its agents or distributors or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected. The North Face’s failure to enforce any provision of these Official Rules in a given instance shall not constitute the waiver of such provision. Tampering with the Contest in any manner, including attempting to defraud The North Face relative to one’s membership in the VIPeak Rewards Program or Contest entry, will result in, to the extent applicable, disqualification from the Contest, possible termination of account in the VIPeak Rewards Program, prohibition on participation in future THE NORTH FACE sweepstakes/contests/offers; in addition, The North Face may otherwise seek to protect its rights to the full extent allowed by law. If The North Face determines in its sole discretion that the Contest cannot be conducted as originally planned due to any cause beyond its control (e.g., computer virus/bug, tampering, fraud, natural disaster, materials shortage, pre-emption/delay/re-scheduling/cancellation/interruption/interference with offering the Contest and/or the VIPeak Rewards Program), The North Face may cancel, modify or suspend the Contest and select the prize winners via judging comprised of all eligible entries received prior to and/or after the action taken by The North Face or otherwise in a fair and appropriate manner, consistent with these Official Rules. Notice of such action will be posted at the VIPeak Rewards Program area of http://www.thenorthface.co.uk The North Face shall have the right to revoke or modify the modalities of execution of this Contest for a fair reason upon prior communication to the participants, to be made with the same modalities as those adopted for the communication of this regulation or any similar modality.
Governing Law. The Contest and this regulations are governed by the UK law.